Welcome to TBMUN’18 Model United Nations!
On behalf of the entire TED Bodrum College MUN team I would like to welcome you to TBMUN 2018. I am delighted to be able to invite you to TED Bodrum College.
It is an honour to have the opportunity to participate in the organization of the first high school-level MUN in Bodrum, Muğla. The team and I are working very hard to make this experience as exciting for you as possible. I hope you enjoy the event.
It has been incredible to watch over the past few years as the voices of young people gain prominence and recognition worldwide – most noticeably through your ability to mobilize and lobbying, but also through the acts and actions of individuals and small groups all over the world.
I look forward to meet you in TED Bodrum College on April 13-14th 2018.
Secretary General ‘18
TBMUN is a student-led simulation of a United Nations conference. There are multiple committees, such as; SOCHUM, UNDP, SPECPOL, UNICEF, WHO. These committees debate and vote on a range of economic, social and political issues.
How do such simulated UN debates work?
When a potential delegate signs up to an MUN they are assigned a country to represent. Together, delegates from the same country form a delegation. Each delegate from every delegation represents the country’s position in one committee. Each committee is run by a Chair and a Deputy Chair. They control the debates. There are debates on various topics and delegates vote upon on a resolution. By the end of the debates each committee draws up a final resolution and presents it. TBMUN is made up of 5 committees from different countries. Each country is represented by 5 delegates. One delegate from a delegation is assigned to represent the country in the committee.
The 5 committees included in our conference are:
1. SOCHUM Gender Equality
2. SPECPOL The Question of Using Nuclear Weapons
3. UNDP Creating New Job Areas
4. UNICEF Child Labour
5. WHO Migration and Health
MUN is a role-playing exercise and, therefore, students are expected to look and behave like diplomats.
1. All delegates are required to wear business attire.
2. Denim and Corduroy is not permitted.
3. Delegates must not attempt to imitate national dress.
4. Delegates are required to wear either a jacket and tie or a formal skirt, trousers or dress with a jacket.
6. Jewellery and makeup should be unobtrusive.
1. The decisions of the Head Chair must be respected at all times, both in the General Assembly and in committees.
2. At all times, decisions made by the Secretary-General or a member of the Secretariat are final.
3. All delegates must treat one another with respect. Insulting language is not permitted, nor other forms of negative behaviour such as staging walkouts or declaring war.
4. Bullying, and discrimination are never permitted.
5. During committees and General Assembly, delegates must be engaged in the proceedings of the conference. Mobile phones and other electronic devices which may cause a distraction are not permitted. Electronics are permitted for the purpose of creating and researching resolutions.
6. Mobile phones and laptops may not be brought to the podium.
Secretary General: Can ÜNEN
Deputy Secretary General: İris Azra YARDIMCI
Director General: Elif ATAÇ
Head of Press: Sude Su ÜLKER
Public Relations Manager: Ayşe Ceren ÖZDEN
Head of Admin Staff: Ecem ILGIN
Social Cultural and Humanitarian Committee: Aslı Jasmin AKALIN - İdil DEDA
Special Political and Decolonization: Elvan GALATALI - Türkan FESLİOĞLU
United Nations Development programme: Sude Su ÜLKER - Dila ONURLU
UNICEF: İris Azra YARDIMCI - Cansu MAYUK
WHO: Ceren CİVLAN - Nursu GÜR
13 April 2018 - Friday
8:00 - 09:30
9:30 - 11:00
Elif ATAÇ & Can ÜNEN
Key Note Speaker
11:00 - 11:20
11:30 - 12:30
All Committees In Service Training
12:30 - 13:30
13:30 - 15:30
15:30 - 15:40
15:40 - 17:40
14 April 2018 - Saturday
09:15 - 09:30
09:30 - 11:30
11:30 - 11:50
12:00 - 12:50
Free time activities
13:00 - 13:50
14:00 - 16:00
16:00 - 16:20
16:30 - 17:30
17:30 - 18:30
18:30 - 22:30
Zest Hotel - www.bodrumzesthotel.com - Tel. 0090 532 416 3651
Viras Hotel - www.ortakentviras.com - Tel. 0090 533 255 9518