RAISING GLOBAL AWARENESS
WELCOME LETTER FROM THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
On behalf of the entire TED Bodrum College MUN Team, it is my utmost pleasure to welcome you all to our 2nd annual conference TBMUN’19 which will be held in 8-9 March.
It is a privilege to have the opportunity to participate in the second organization of the high school-level MUN in Bodrum, Muğla.
We are welcoming both local and international delegates to promote unity through diversity.
This year’s theme is “Raising Global Awareness” A lot of our research has shown that by understanding global issues and the challenges we face, we are more likely to take action to make the world a better place. We strongly believe that as the next generation of world leaders and politicians, our understanding of world politics and international relations will shape the future.
In that respect, TBMUN’19 Conference gives its participants the chance to play a role to raise global awareness in different topics. Our ultimate aim is to work and come up with effective solutions on the issues regarding the usage of drugs, media censorship, nuclear proliferation in the Middle East, economy wars and the conflict between Israel and Palestine.
Our diligent organization team works hard to make an unforgettable conference that you will have loads of memories through strengthening the ties of friendship.
Director General of TBMUN’19
"Please click on your committee to access the study guides."
Friday 8 March08.30 - 09.30 Registration
09.30 - 11.00 Opening Ceremony
11.00 - 11.30 Coffee Break
11.30 - 13.00 Committees 1
13.30 - 14.30 Lunch
14.30 - 16.00 Committees 2
16.00 - 16.20 Coffee Break
16.20 - 17.50 Committees 3
Saturday 9 March09.15 - 09.30 Welcome
09.30 - 11.30 Committees 4
11.30 - 12.00 Coffee Break
12.00 - 13.00 Free time activities
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch
14.00 - 16.00 Committees 5
16.00 - 16.30 Coffee Break
16.30 - 17.30 Committees 6
17.30 - 18.30 Closing Ceremony
19.00 - 22.00 Farewell Party
AFGHANISTAN, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CANADA, PR CHINA, CUBA, CYPRUS, DENMARK, EGYPT, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRAN, IRAQ, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, LEBANON, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NORTH KOREA, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PALESTINE, POLAND, PORTUGAL, QATAR, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SAUDI ARABIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, SWEDEN, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, SYRIA, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, VIETNAM, YEMEN
RULES AND PROCEDURE
- Opening and Closing Ceremony:9.30-11.00 Friday, March 8th followed by a coffee break
The closing ceremony will take place between 17.30-18.30 Saturday March 9th. All participants are required to participate to both of ceremonies in order to require certificate.
- Usage of Electronic Devices:* We are encouraging you to bring your laptops for writing resolutions. However, during the committee sessions all electronic devices are prohibited unless your chair gives permission to.
- Badges:* All participants should wear badges at all times throughout the conference.
- Attendance:* It is being expected that all participants are on time to committee sessions. If a delegate misses more than 1 committee session, he/she will not receive a certificate.
DRESS & CODE
MUN is a role-playing exercise and, therefore, students are expected to look and behave like diplomats.Dress code:
1. All delegates are required to wear business attire.
2. Denim and casual outfits is not permitted.
3. Delegates must not wear traditional attire of the country they represent.
4. Delegates are required to wear either a jacket and tie or a formal skirt, trousers or dress with a jacket.
5. Jewelry and makeup should be unobtrusive.
6. Skirts and dresses must be at appropriate length.
7. Delegates should dress according to the grey scale.
INFORMATION* Our conference is free of charge. However, lunch and events will be paid by the participants.
* Transportation: Our shuttle service will be available to use.
* You can contact us via:
E-Mail: [email protected]
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION:Zest Hotel will be our accommodation place http://www.bodrumzesthotel.com/
Zest Hotel, which is close to our school, has good facilities. Also there will be shuttle services available from hotel to school.
For further information you can contact us via [email protected]
ORGANIZATION TEAMDirector General: Dila ONURLU
Secretary General: İris Azra YARDIMCI
Deputy Secretary General: Cansu MAYUK
Head of Press: İris MENGİ
Head of Public Relations: İdil DEDA